Frequently AskedQuestions Answers to common questions
When is my rent due?
- All rent payments are due on the first of the month.
- A late charge will be strictly enforced in the event that our office has not received full rent payment, after the 5th day of the month.
How can I pay my rent?
- Residents can login and pay their rent online from the residents page
- We accept the following online payments:
- Chase Quick Pay
- Credit/Debit & E-Check (additional service fee)
Rent payments can be mailed Payble to RENTGREAT.COM:RentGreat.com
2050 E. Devon Ave.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
How can I submit a maintenance request?
- Maintenance requests can be filed online under the Residence section
- For life Safety Emergencies such as FIRE - SMOKE - GAS - FLOOD - BURGLARY DIAL 911
- For non-life safety URGENT EMEGENCIES ONLY call our office at 847-725-2222 or after hours hotline 847-979-0195
How can I set up my utilities?
Please contact the utility companies necessary for your apartment at least two weeks before you move-in to ensure that your service is working properly (email us for your meter #'s).
Can I install a Satellite Dish or DirecTv?
We do not allow satellite dish or DirectTV installation.
Am I allowed to have pets?
- All pets are required to have written approval from RentGreat.com and must follow our Pet Rules and regulations if approved.
Cats are permitted in the majority of RentGreat.com buildings with some exceptions. Dogs are permitted in only some of our properties
- All pets require a Pet Approval form submitted for review and approval before you bring a new animal into your apartment. There is an annual per pet fee that tenants will need to pay if the pet is approved.
How do I protect my stuff?
- RentGreat.com does not cover your personal property.
- You are required by your lease to purchase renter’s insurance.
- Purchasing renter’s insurance is the best way to protect yourself when renting an apartment.
Do I need a parking permit?
- Most Chicago neighborhoods have zoned parking with corresponding permits. Without the proper permit, you may receive a parking ticket.
- You can purchase permits and guest passes at your neighborhood alderman's office, most currency exchanges and City Hall.
- For more parking information visit: www.cityofchicago.org
What if I get locked out of my apartment?
If you are locked out of your apartment, RentGreat.com will do their best to get you back in your apartment during business hours only (8am-5pm M-F) within a 3 hr window. If you are locked-out during the weekend or at night time (after 5pm), as per your lease agreement it will be your responsibility to contact a locksmith. Any cost incurred because of lockouts after hours shall be your responsibility. Key replacements are $10 and new locks are $100 per lock/door
We recommend Amazing Lock Serices, Inc.: 773-935-8900 http://amazinglockservice.com
How do I renew my lease?
You will receive a request for lease extension via e-mail approximately 90 days prior to your lease expiration date. At that time we will inquire if you would like to renew your lease or to inform RentGreat.com that you are moving. You will need to inform RentGreat.com if you plan to renew approximately 75 days prior to your lease expiration date. If you do not inform RentGreat.com of your plans to renew, RentGreat.com will assume that you are moving. If you would like to renew your lease please contact us.
How do I replace or add a roommate to my lease?
Your new roommate must fill out an application and be approved to reside in your apartment. Have your new roommate register online at www.rentgreat.com and then they will see a red APPLICATION button to click then just fill out the form. There is a $50.00 application fee per person. Once the new roommate has been approved they will also need to pay our standard Administrative Fee.
What are the move out procedures and times?
Per your lease you must be moved out of the apartment by 10:00am on the last day of the lease (at the end of the month) to avoid a late move out fee per your lease. All trash and personal belongings removed and the apartment well cleaned including all appliances, bathrooms, tubs and Carpets. Please kindly report any damages to our office no later than 1 week prior to move out.
How do I return my keys when my lease is over?
Just leave your keys on the kitchen counter and lock them inside the apartment when you have left or mail them to RentGreat.com office at 2050 E. Devon Ave. Elk Grove Village, IL 60007. If mailing, please put the keys in an envelope with your old address on it and include your forwarding address.
How do I forward my mail when I move in or move out?
It is important for you to change your address with the USPS before you move. To do this, go online to https://www.change-my-address.com/ It is quick and easy.
If the new tenants of your previous address receive your mail, they are instructed to write "return to sender" and have the post office find its rightful owner.
RentGreat.com will not give out any tenant information for mail retrieving purposes.
What happens if a check is returned NSF or payment does not go through?
If your rent payment is returned to RentGreat.com for any reason, you will incur a $35.00 fee. This fee is not negotiable and must be paid immediately.
Do you offer referral incentives?
RentGreat.com appreciates your kind referrals. If you refer a new resident to us you may be eligible to receive a referral bonus. The resident you refer must list you as the referring party on their application, sign a year lease, move-in and have a balance of $0.00. Most referral checks or rent credits can be mailed out or applied after the resident has lived in our building for 45 to 60 days. Please note RentGreat.com does not pay a referral fee for sublets or if you change a roommate.